Thursday, October 2, 2008

Carnival + Reception = Fun

We went to a reception for our cousin the other night. It was really neat. It was kindof like a carnival. They had a balloon animal guy, cotton candy machine and the main items to eat was an assortment of candy that you could load into your own little baggy. They had cheese balls and crackers and meatballs too. All of it was really yummy and so much fun. It was outside in a church pavillion area. My boys loved it!!!
My niece Jorie had a tough time trying to figure out the cotton candy. I think the first experience with cotton candy for a child is always interesting. They just don't know what to think of it. I think she finally realized it was yummy and ate a little bit of it.
They even had a place for dancing. My boys got a balloon sword and then went dancing for a while!!! Owen is so heavy that we all took turns but Lindsey did most of the grunt work-he kept going back to her for more dancing!!!
Jorie wanted to dance with Uncle Parker and then afterwards she would only go to parker. She didn't want anything to do with her mom or her dad which is huge-she loves her daddy!!! It melted my heart seeing Parker dancing with her. It made me want to have a little girl. I think there is a special bond with daddys and daughters and then with mommys and sons. I love it!!!

3 comments:

.........Still ME! said...

It was pretty fun, huh? I would say that was my first experience with that kind of reception and I am of the opinion they should all be like that! I loved watching Parker with Jorie too! He is so gentle with her, I can't wait to see him with his own princess.......

Nichole Lowe said...

Wow you did some catching up. OK can I say I am already missing you guys. It looks like that reception was fun. I love the picture of Jorie with Parker. He will be a great dad with a girl and there is a special bond between a Father and Daughter. I see it everyday with Kate and Ryan.

Crewton said...

Ya, that night was fun!!! It was good to sit and chat for a while! BTW, this is Julie Clouse. HEHE