Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ezra's fireman birthday

Camden and Owen's friend Ezra had a birthday at the end of september. He wanted a fire truck birthday. We got to go to a park and have a yummy breakfast and then while the kids were playing at the playground, a fire truck pulled up. It was so much fun for not just the kids, but the adults too!!!! They let all the kids squirt the fire hose and then they got to look around the truck, climb in and then they got to go for a ride with the siren on and everything!!!! Owen didn't go for the ride though-he thought the playground was better for some reason. These are all the kids that were at the party, the fireman is holding Owen in the right-hand corner.
This is all the kids piling in. It was amazing how many kids fit in there. It was like at a circus when all the clowns start coming out of the trunk of the car.
I posted this picture cause I thought it was so cute. Owen was having a hard time standing by the truck for the picture. He didn't know what to think about everything that was going on. The fireman heard me say "Owen go stand by the other kids" and the fireman said "hey buddy you can sit on my lap, my name is Owen too". I thought it was so neat how sweet he was with the kids and that they had the same name too!!! We loaded him up with some muffins and such to take back to the fire station!!! It was a really neat experience for all the kids and we think Ezra is such a special kid. We loved coming to his party and sharing in all that fun with him!!!
I asked Parker to watch Leif while I showed the boys around the fire truck. When I came back, this is what I found. Apparently Parker wanted to join in the festivities and support the fire dept. but he just couldn't stay away from his darn phone!!!

2 comments:

Madi said...

I LOVE BIRTHDAY PARTIES!! Thanks for a great idea. My boys would love having a birthdat party like that. I guess what boy would'nt. Call me when you're ready for a cry fest. :/

The Hacking Family said...

Sounds like a super cool birthday! Wish I had a boy that could appreciate such a boyish theme!